Summer is here. It’s that time of year, and Christmas is fast approaching. Holidays are beckoning us as all start to wind down for the Summer holidays. So now is the time to get your home cleaned and sorted. Declutter your old winter gear and give the kids more room to run outside. Remember decluttering leads to a clear mind and more time to relax and enjoy yourself with family and friends.
Make a trip to the tip and throw out all rubbish and garden branches.
See our list of 5 things to store away and save for another rainy day.
- Coats of all sorts, raincoats, oversized thick or woolly jumpers. Ponchos and onesies, oh and those pyjama-style oversized hoodies.
- Winter boots and shoes. Gumboots, workbooks. Store them away out of sight. Make room for your sandals and thongs, swimwear, goggles and flippers and all things summer.
- Doonas and heavy blankets. Bedspreads and extra cushions. Linen your not using. Flannelette sheets are too hot in Summer. Store them away in plastic bags and boxes. Ensure your linen is washed and dried before storage to avoid mildew and colouring. Low-cost storage containers are available from Kmart & Bunnings.
- Electric Blankets are not needed. Portable heaters, too, pack away in your shed or self-storage unit.
- Outdoor patio and Gas heaters, pack away in a clean dust shed or self-storage unit.
Set yourself up to have the best time these coming holidays, a little bit of extra decluttering time spent now is worth it and a tidy space is easier to maintain than a cluttered space. This includes inside your home and the outdoor area also. After all, you intend to wind down, relax and be ready to travel lightly or perhaps you are hosting a family BBQ on your clutter-free patio. Whatever you do, plan to enjoy yourself.