List Making and fun action plans for your self storage process.
The Dolphin Storage Self Storage offers these helpful storage tips to help make your self-storage experience easier and with an intention to have fun:
- Make a list of all the packing accessories needed to store your items. Bubble-pack, tape, rope, drop cloths, polyurethane sheeting, mattress and furniture covers, pallets, and cartons are just a few of the more commonly used packing items.
- Have a cuppa tea or aromatic coffee and a bite to eat while you’re writing your list.
- Disassemble items such as bed frames to maximise the space in the unit.
- Place frequently used items near the door or at the front of the unit.
- Write some fun messages on the boxes as you go. “My Power Kitchen utensils” draw a flower
- Make it a fun experience. Let the kids fill the boxes, while they help pack them too.
- Fill containers to capacity; partially full or bulging cartons may collapse or tip over in the unit.
- Pack heavy items like books or tools in smaller boxes. Write heavy on the box.
- Fragile items should be cushioned by packing and placed towards the top of the unit.
- Label your cartons and take home a list of the labeled cartons for easy reference.
- Line the bottom of your self storage unit with a plastic drop cloth for added protection.
- Is it time for another break. Make it an experience to remember, rather than a rush to get it all over and done with.
- Use pallets as a foundation to place cartons on top of the pallets.
- Mothballs are an added protection for your belongings.
- Take full advantage of your self storage unit’s space uses the full height if possible. Shelving helps organise your unit.
- All done, congratulations! Time to celebrate with a bubble bath, takeaway meal or a trip to the movies. or whatever else takes your fancy.
Need quick and easy storage? Book now to save a huge 50% off storage units for the first 2 months!
Here is how it works.
You can book and sign-up here. It’s so easy and there are NO lock-in contracts. Our storage agreement is accessible on line.
Debra at Dolphin Storage can help with any questions you may have to do with your self-storage needs. Please get in touch while we have 50% off the regular price of Dolphin storage units (for the first 2 months) now. Call Us Today | 0403 503 519